Saturday, November 14, 2009

Operation Christmas Child




The women in my Church recently had an activity that I was unable to attend. I thought is was something that would be great to do as a family. It's called Operation Christmas Child you can find out all about it here. I showed the kids a few of the short videos on the website and told them what we would be doing and why. Then we went to Target to purchase stuff for our boxes. Savannah and I did one for a girl 2-4 years old, while the boys did one for a boy 5-8 years old. The kids were excited to find stuff to put into their boxes. Right before checkout Savannah said "I sure do love buying stuff for this box". When we came home we assembled the boxes. We will be paying the $7.00 for shipping each box online so we can track where each box ends up. If your looking for a good service project to do with your kids this one is great! It's the Season Of Giving you can drop off locally just enter your zip code drop off week Nov. 16-23