Sunday, December 15, 2013

Finally a cure!

Monday while at work I called my Doctor to see if she could try to get my MRI appt. moved up sonner, since the headache had still not gone away (after two weeks straight). My Doctor said that since I was still having the headache, and was nausous, that I should go to the ER to get checked out. So, right after work that's what I did. I got there at 4:30 and didn't leave till 11:00.  My blood pressure was super high 171/115 (I do have high blood pressure,and have been on meds for several years). The gave me an IV and some fluids, and a CT scan. The CT was clear, so they sent me home, and told me to follow up with my Doctor. Tuesday I called in sick, and slept till 10:30. That evening with my headache still bothering me, I texted my sister in law (one of the many nurses in my family). She gave me some advice. She said it sounded like a severe migraine. She said, double up on the migraine meds, take the anti nausea meds, and take two benadryl. So as I went to bed on Tuesday, that's what I did. Wednesday morning I woke up with no headache. It was a miracle!! Thursday my Doctor called to check on me. I still have a few tests she wants me to do, and she put me on a daily medicine to prevent headaches. So far I have been feeling great!!