Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bad burn

On Saturday Trevor had a track meet.  He was dropped off at 8:00 am, then we joined him at 9:00am. When we got there it was pretty chilly, and stayed that way for several hours.  Finally around 12ish it started warming up.  I didn't even think about sunscreen.  We were at the meet until about 2:15pm, then we drove over to Griffin's soccer game.  While at the soccer game Trevor slept in the car.  By the time we were finally driving home for the day around 5:20pm I could tell that we had gotten pretty burned.  Griffin & Savannah both fell asleep on the way home, and their cheeks looked pink.  We all felt nauseous from too much sun. 

I had everyone take showers, and then had them get pj's on.  I put aloe on their faces and on Trevor's shoulders and chest.  By morning Griffin & Savannah looked fine, but Trevor not so much!

His shoulders got baldy burned!  Blisters appeared and a few days later popped.  Now, they are just open sores that are extremely painful. I talked to the school nurse where I work, and she said I was doing all of the right things Neosporin, draping with loose gauze, Motrin etc. 

I feel terrible for Trevor.  We've been extra vigilant this week even though he's been inside most of the time during the day.  He skipped track on Monday as well.    My chin is super sunburned, it's still very red and painful.  My lips actually have blisters on them.

Just a reminder to all WEAR SUNSCREEN!!!