Sunday, May 15, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

Last Sunday was Mother's day. I'm just now getting around to blogging about it. It was a perfect kind of day.

I woke up to a delicious breakfast made by Patrick (with some help from Savannah). He made french toast with cinnamon chip bread from Great Harvest.

There were also some beautiful flowers and sweet cards.

After breakfast,  we headed to  Church.  Trevor was speaking in sacrament meeting.  He came up with his talk all on his own, when I asked if he needed help he said "No, it's a Mother's Day surprise. "
It was such a great talk! He did wonderfully.  After church they handed out potted flowers to all the mother's.  We left after that. Only stayed for sacrament.  We came home, and Patrick and I took a nice nap, heavenly. 

When we woke up we drove to Hagg Lake to explore. That was my request for the day. Go somewhere ourtdoors. He hiked along the lake for about 3 miles. It was really pretty.  We drove around to check out a few more lake area's before heading home.

At home Patrick made another great meal. Delicious pork medallions. Dessert was a yummy cheesecake.

I am constantly wondering if I'm doing a good job at this mothering gig. The way the kids are turing out, I'd say I'm doing alright. They are good kids with kind hearts. I feel loved!