Monday, August 29, 2016

Six months in...

I'm not sure if the last six months went fast or not.  At times  it flew, other times just dragged! I've come to the realization that moving is really, really hard. It's hard on all of us in different ways. We haven't really started a life here yet. I'm just getting ready to finally start my permanent job. School is getting ready to start up. We haven't really made friends here yet (both kids and us). New Mexico friends seem to be loosing touch or interest  (or both). My old work friends don't text much anymore, and when they do its a short "hi" after days of waiting for a response.  Even my really good friend didn't even call or text "happy birthday" to me,  which was kinda sad. I feel like we're in limbo.  Left friends behind,  haven't made new ones. 
Same with our living conditions.  We left behind our really nice house and live in this temporary townhouse.  We know we won't be here forever,  but man we miss having a house to call our own.
We have seen lots of cool places, so that's a good thing. It really is beautiful here. And the weather in fantastic.  Let's hope things start looking up these next six months!