Saturday, August 26, 2017

Albuquerque/Rio Rancho, New Mexico

Our second stop on the road trip was our old stomping grounds. We were so excited to finally cross the border into New Mexico! The desert there is really beautiful. We drove by our old house, and then quickly to the hotel where we would be staying. I was in a bit of a hurry because I was meeting a friend who bought us tickets to an Air Supply concert for my birthday. It was fun to see my old friend Tracye again. The concert was so much fun! The next day we all slept in. We spent our remaining time visiting with friends, old co-workers, eating at favorite restaurants and just driving around enjoying the sights. It was a really great visit. It made me realize that I've moved on, and I don't miss NM like I once did. It's a great place with lots of wonderful people and good memories, but it's not home anymore. I'm so glad we had the chance to visit. I even got a surprise birthday cake from my friend, I mean that sorta stuff doesn't happen in Portland, lol. Maybe it will always be like home in a way.