Friday, July 25, 2008

Carrier


So my new favorite show is Carrier on PBS. It's not really a show it's a documentary about life aboard the Aircraft Carrier Nimitz. I love watching this show for a lot of reasons mostly because it brings me right back to where we were when Patrick was stationed on the Aircraft Carrier
USS John C. Steinns. The Nimitz moved to San Diego while we were still stationed there. We even had a friend who was stationed on the Nimitz. I think it's a great documentary that gives you an inside look at what life on the ship is really like, and what life back home is like while loved ones are deployed for six months or more. As most of you know Patrick was in the Navy and he did two six month deployments. The first before we had any kids and the next one he left when Trevor was four months old. It is a hard life with a lot of sacrifices involved. Watching this documentary reminds me of what a lot of people in this country take for granted. For those of you who have served our country, well done and thank you! It's not an easy life that's for sure but I hope you will know how much you are appreciated for your time, effort, and sacrifice. We've been there and done that. We know what it's like. Sometimes I miss that life in the Navy and I know that Patrick does too. It's like a big family everyone helping everyone else out. Sharing a bond that most civilian's don't understand. Anyways, check out Carrier on your local PBS station it's really great.