Friday, August 22, 2008

Feast with the Beasts




The first week of school went really well. Tonight after school & dinner I packed up the kids and went to the zoo, for Feast with the Beasts. Patrick as most know works nights, so I try do do something fun with the kids Friday nights. I should have know that there would be about a Billion people there. After finding parking we walked to the zoo entrance and waited in a HUGE line for about 40 minutes just to get in . Most things like face painting and bounce houses were just WAY to long of a wait. We found the free Popsicles & cookies, then headed off to enjoy the animals. The exhibits were not crowded at all. It was nice to look at the animals during the evening, they all seemed way more active than usual. After looking at the animals we headed back to the main grassy area and watched jugglers, musicians and listened to a band. Griffin said, "I could relax here all day listening to these rock stars." Savannah was dancing like crazy & doing cart wheels to the beat of the music. Griffin also got his groove on. Trevor mostly enjoyed watching the jugglers. On the way out Griffin said, "when I grow up I'm going to be a Rock Star, because Rock Stars are loud & fun!" We had a really fun night. I'm glad I decided to take them to the crazy crowded Zoo. I even ran into a friend of mine, what are the odds?