Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day



Well Election Day is upon us. I must say I am relieved. I'm not one of those people who thinks it brings the Country together, I feel like it separates the Country. To be honest I'm not all that excited about either of the Candidates. Patrick is off voting now, and I'll be going later this afternoon. We shall see what tomorrow brings. Something funny, when I picked the boys up from school the other day Trevor tells me that they voted in school and that he voted for Barack Obama, then Griffin tells me that he voted for John McCain. I asked both of them why they voted for who they did. Trevor said Barack was just really good. Griffin said that he heard McCain on the radio. Good reasons for a kid. Later that night I was on the phone with my sister, I told her about how the boys had voted. She talked to both of them. While she talked to Griffin she asks him if he had fun learning about the candidates and about the election process. He said "I didn't learn anything, I just voted"! We thought that was pretty funny ,it made us both laugh. I'm glad that they are teaching the kids about the whole process at a young age. I don't remember talking about it in elementary school. That was a LONG time ago so who knows. Go out and vote for 2008!