Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Austin Trip

Well, I'm back from my trip to Austin, Texas. I went there with two of my
old friends and we had a blast. A quick recap of the stuff we did
( don't wanna bore anyone).
- Lot's of yummy BBQ including Stubs & The Salt Lick
- A visit to the State Capitol (awesome building)
- A very fun & informative Duck tour
- A boat tour to see the bats fly out at dusk (there are millions that
live under the bridge)
- A tour of a winery ( not a wine drinker, but thought it was a neat
place to visit and enjoyed delicous food)
- Bat Fest 2009 ( bands on two stages, some awesome vendors, got a
henna tattoo)
- Tour of the Dr. Pepper Museum (enjoyed cane sugar Dr. pepper floats)
It was Lot's of fun. I think Austin is a pretty cool city. I love the
whole Texas pride there, the Texans sure are proud of their state and
I think it's awesome! It was great to get away and have a break from
my regular life. It was super hot 102 and super humid, but I enjoyed
every minute of it.