Monday, August 17, 2009

Double Digit Birthday


Today I celebrated my 33rd birthday! The celebrations started last night
when my friends Tracye & Katie surprised me and took me to dinner at the
Melting Pot. I had never been (but have wanted to go for a long time). The food,
atmosphere and company was great (thanks gals). This morning Patrick and
the kids took me out to breakfast. We went down to UNM so Patrick could do
some things for school, while he was busy the kids and I enjoyed their beautiful
duck/fish/turtle pond. We did a few other errands and had a pretty low key
afternoon. I did go buy a new pair of leather flip- flops (thanks mom).
Trevor pointed out that all my gifts were foot related. My father-in-law
bought me these really cool roller blades for my birthday. My friend Tracye
gave me a gift card to my favorite nail place for a pedicure and then the flip-
flops. Patrick and the kids took me out to dinner. In the evening we enjoyed
a nice walk as a family with our dog. My friend Tracye even brought over a
beautiful , delicious cake she made. My BIG gift is a trip to Austin with some old
friends I'm leaving in a few days and really looking forward to it. Thanks for all
the birthday wishes everyone!