Thursday, October 14, 2010

No Tech

Sometimes I feel like the world is moving forward and I am not.
I tell people all the time that I'm not low tech, I'm NO tech.

Today especially made me think about all the advancements.
While working in Savannah's class her teacher brought out
her ipad, she had us take the kids one by one to practice
writting their abc's.  I told her I didn't even have a cell phone
and she was very surprised ( I have a pay as you go phone I
keep in the car for emergencies).  I hear people talk about
getting kids 8 & 9 years old cell phones, and laptops, crazy!

Call me old fashioned, but I relish in the fact that my kids don't
care about any of that stuff.  Our kids play, play & play some
more.  Right now Savannah is playing with wooden blocks, while
they boys are in the backyard making a city out of dirt.

We have one t.v
We have one computer
We don't have cell phones

We do have a wii that they can play on Saturday's only
for a few hours total if they were good at school all week.
We don't watch very much t.v around here either. 

I love looking at their christams lists.  Wands, books, art stuff,
games ect.  I know they will grow up and embrace technology
someday, but for now I'm happy they don't need or want it.
 So what do our kids like to do?  Play outside, ride bikes, go for
walks/hikes (with us).  Jump on the trampoline, crafts like drawing,
cutting and glueing, playdough, legos, blocks, babydolls,
school and the BIG one around here is reading.  Any given day
you will find the kids laying around reading books.

As for me, we've had big plans for cell phones, it's just never been
a very big priority.  A nice flat screen t.v might be nice, but I'm ok
with this big 'ol clunker t.v we have.  A laptop would be nice too, but
I'm in no big rush ..... I hope I stay this way too!
Don't get me wrong. I love having a computer, so nice to stay in touch,
blog ect.  T.V is great I really enjoy watching a show or movie when the kids
go to bed.  I just don't think we need all this technology, all the time.

That's me though, you may be completly different!