Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy POPS Day!

Today we celebrate our dad, who is fantastic!  He is such a patient, kind,
loving Dad. He has always been such a good dad to our three kids. 
We love him lots, and lots.

We made him a special little POPS basket, and put it out for him to find
when he came home from work on Sunday morning.  It had several items
that begin with POP.

In the bags is white chocolate popcorn ( yummy recipe, from my friend Nikki).
It's funny, I honestly have never bought a pop-tart EVER!  When the kids saw
a commercial they thought that would be a perfect addition to this basket.
I seriously stood in front of the display at the store for like 15 minutes, trying to
decided if I should bring this into our home.  In the end I did, it made the basket
cute.  Dad shared with the kids and I'm happy to say that the pop-tarts had only
one bite out of them, then left alone.  The pops cereal also went un-eaten by the
kids. Not stuff they usually get, more for Dad I guess.



When he woke up, we took the kids to a surprise baseball game.  It was lots of fun!
We got all of the tickets free thru his work.  We enjoyed lots of yummy treats like,
hot dogs, nachos, chips, pretzels, cotton candy, and churros.  It was a great way to
spend the evening.  When we got home he did the pop-its in our front yard.