Friday, December 23, 2011

The Campout

Tonight's activity was camping out by the christmas tree and watching The Polar Express.
When the envelope was opened, there were claps, screams and hooray's!!  They were excited!


Not a great picture, I really need a new camera.
 I decided to do this christmas countdown activity for a few reasons.  The main was was to spend good quality time with the kids this holiday season.  I've actually been having a bit of a hard time.  I've been suffering from depression for the last few months.  I've wanted to hide away in my room most days.  I recently started meds and I am starting to feel a little better.  My kids are so important to me.   I didn't want the way I felt to ruin their memories of Christmas.  And so we started the Christmas Activity Countdown.  It helped me remember what's really important.  It's been such a hit that I think we've started a tradition.  The kids have loved seeing what activity we would do each night.  I've loved seeing Christmas through their eyes.