Saturday, September 27, 2014

Love story- part 3

You can find part 1 and part 2 here

I waited for him to call for several days.
He never did call.  I was shocked!  I thought we had gotten along so well. 

Apparently he (honestly) lost my number.  On accident.  He was just as bummed as me that he hadn't been able to call.

Finally after several days of wondering if I'd ever hear from him again, Christie called and said that they were all going out to dinner, and Patrick really wanted me to come.

He was at the restaurant when I pulled in.  After I got out of my car he came over and took my hand. We picked up right where we left off a few nights earlier.  We walked inside hand in hand.

We sat together and I knew we were officially a "thing".

I was right. 

So, when we met Patrick had just recently turned 18 and graduated from High School.  Yes, he was/is 3 years younger than me.  He had joined the Navy, and was leaving for Boot Camp just three weeks after we met.  He had already quit his two jobs, and was planning to spend the next few weeks before he left hanging out with friends and family.

Then we met.

It was not something that either of us were expecting at all!

But at the same time our relationship came so effortlessly, it was as if we were always meant to be together.

The few short weeks before he left we spent together as much as humanly possible.  I worked a ton, and had to commute 35 minutes each way.  Each night after work, I would go straight to wherever he was.  We would hang out all night and into the morning.  There were many days I never slept at all.  I would just go home shower and put on fresh clothes, then drive to work again.  It was insane!

To be continued....