Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day

It was are really nice Mother's Day today. I was woken up this morning with breakfast in bed made by Griffin. Patrick told me a cute story of him panicking because he hadn't planned anything and didn't realize it was Mothers Day so, he decided to make me a breakfast which I thought was very sweet. We went to church, I only stayed for sacrament meeting cause I had been sick the night before. I came home and took a nice three hour nap. I got cards from Patrick and the kids, and Patrick made me a beautiful dinner. After dinner we all went for a walk which was nice, the weather was perfect. After we got home I started working on a Mother's Day craft. I finally decided to take all of the kids hospital items from when they were born and put them into shadow boxes and hang them up. I love the way they turned out so nice to have these things on display instead of put away in a box. It was a lovely day. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a mother, even with the challenges that often  come with the task. Definitely a rollercoaster ride, but not one that I want off of anytime soon  :-)