Saturday, May 16, 2015

Awards assembly

A few nights ago there was an awards assembly at Lincoln Middle School. Much to our surprise :) Trevor got Student of the Year in algebra. he said he was a great student he did so well in the class he could have taught the class ect.
It's been a year of highs and lows. He is a super smart kid, but doesn't always show it in his work. He was pretty excited to get this award.
On another note, Griffin has done excellent this year with the exception of one B he maintained principal list three times and honor roll once. So, all A's for the year except for one B is pretty darn good. We are proud.

The Awards this year was not based strictly on grades, so Griffin did not get an award which she was slightly bummed about. He did handle it well, and had some really funny lines. One thing he said was when I told him to stay in the car for a minute so I could take Trevor's picture he said "that's fine I'll just sit here in the shadow of my brother." Another thing he said "its okay mom I'm just your disappointment of a kid." He was taking it very well and cracking jokes all evening. I did pull him aside and give me a big hug and tell him I was proud of him. He had a fantastic first year of middle school!