Friday, April 30, 2010

Cookies For Dinner ????

Before we went to the Zoo Patrick made a nice big breakfast, so I only
packed the kids a few snacks for the Zoo which they had at about 11:30
By the time we got home they were starving!!  So at 3:45 I made them lunch.
Trevor had a birthday party to go to so at about 5:15 we left again.  I figured
they would not want to have dinner till 7:30 if at all. Since Trevor was at
a party and Patrick was at work I thought I'd buy some of those place and bake
cookies for Savannah & Griffin to enjoy as a special treat.  I made them a plate
of three each and gave them a glass of milk.  They were happy with that, I figured
why make dinner at all?  While they were eating Savannah says " Can we have
something healthy after this?"  Then she said "We can't just have cookies for dinner,
we need protien in our bodies!"  Well, there goes my idea for cookies for dinner!
I ended up giving them each a bannana, several strawberries and cheese as well.
I'm such a bad Mom, but  I'm sure they'll live  :)