Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Go to sleep, Stay asleep

When Savannah was born and up until
about 3 1/2 she was an awesome sleeper!
Then she started to have a bit of trouble. 
Since about 4 it's been a steady cycle. 
She will do great, sleep through the night
for awhile ( a few months) then out of the
blue she starts waking up many, many,
many times a night.  Right now it seems to
be at it's worst. She is up at least three
timesbefore we even go to bed ourselves.
After that she'll wake up at least five times
a night, and if she's really quiet and Daddy
is at work  she sneaks into bed with  me
and I don't even notice.  So last week I
thought I'd put up  a baby gate in my 
doorway so she at least would not be
getting in bed with me, but could still go use
the potty if she needed to.  All that
 happened is she would cry at the
gate all night.  Tonight no joke within
30 minutes of  falling asleep she was up
crying.  I had her go potty & told her
I was putting the gate in her doorway so she can't come out.  I can't take  it anymore.  I'll be shutting my door so I can't hear her. She is five now, this should not be going on.  I don't want her to be super scared so that's why I'm not closing her door,  She also has a bright nightlight in her room. I was thinking maybe I should give her that sleepy time tea to see if it helps her sleep better.  We have night terrors in our family (specifically Griffin) and this is not that at all.  She just wakes up cries and wants to sleep with us.  Ummm no not gonna happen sweetie.