Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bake For Hope



My friend Trayce and I did the Bake For Hope Bake Sale today.  100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Susan G. Koman Foundation.  It was a lot of fun , tons of work but totally worth it. I've been really sick with a terrible cough and have not been sleeping good latley, so I was thrilled it all came together. 
The kids were out there helping too which was great for them.  I sat down and talked to them about Breast Cancer and why we were raising money for this foundation.   Afterward I was exhausted and we had a big birthday party to go to a few hours after the bake sale ended.  When I don't feel good and/or am tired I tend to get grouchy.  Right before we left we found out someone has been using our credit card  :(
Patrick got the card cancelled and I left for the party.  While we were driving we hit a bunch of traffic and were running late.  I said "man, we're just not having any good luck today" Trevor quickly said "we raised $787.40 for breast cancer today, I think we we're pretty lucky"!  Good to have moments where my kids snap me out of it & make me realize how blessed we really are.  Thanks to everyone who helped out, it means a lot!!