Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fall break

The kids have been out of school since Wednesday at 12:45 for fall break.  We actually have not done much of anything until tonight.  When I picked them up from school Wendesday, Savannah was crying and I felt her, she had a fever.  All day Thursday and Friday she did too.  During the night last night she woke up crying saying her throat hurt.  Then this morning the same thing.  She did not have a fever anymore though.  I made her "tea" water, lemon juice and honey heated up to drink this morning and some advil.  She seemed ok today, so I decided to let her go to her good friends birthday party.  When I picked her up, the kids and I went straight to the Balloon Fiesta to meet an old friend of mine who is in town.   It was fun and for the first hour or so Savannah really enjoyed it, then she started getting cranky.  She was tired and cold, and her throat hurt.  By the time we got home at 9pm she was in tears.  She says her throat hurts and she can't sleep alone.  I feel bad, I thought she was on the mend.  I may need to take her to urgent care tomorrow.  So, lots of movies and wii games this fall break.  Only one night out and that seemed to be more than enough!