Monday, February 17, 2014

Celebrating the love

On Saturday we celebrated Valentines Day (one day late).   I knew I wanted to make the family a nice fancy dinner, so I waited till Saturday until I would have more time to get things ready.

Early on I went shopping for supplies.  I even got roses for 50% off
When I got home the kids helped me get the table decorated for our dinner.  I wanted everything set up early, so we could enjoy the pretty table during the day.



I got to work on our special dessert.  I made chocolate bowls filled with homemade yummy chocolate pudding. 


I've been wanting to make these chocolate bowls for a long time.  Glad I finally did, so fun, and so easy too.

For the menu I decided on:

Love juice (cranberry juice)
Chicken cordon bleu
Potatoes au gratin
Roasted asparagus
Cornmeal crescent rolls





We lit the candles, and ate in the dark.  It made for a really nice dinner. 




We relaxed for awhile after dinner before it was dessert time.  I sliced the strawberries fancy for the pudding, and then served the dessert bowls up.  They were a hit.  They were really tasty, and special.

 
It was such a fun evening.  It was nice to do something different than our normal dinner.  I'm so happy that this is my family.  I love Patrick and our kids so much!  I wanted to show them some extra love with this special meal.