Monday, August 25, 2014

Birthday surprise

My friend Tracey had asked me if I was able to hang out on Saturday to celebrate my birthday. I thought that would be fun.  On Wednesday afternoon, I got sick. Thursday at work was hard. I felt terrible. By the time the end of the day rolled around, I had already decided that I was not going to make it to work Friday. After I left work, Tracey texted me and asked if I'd be able to get together on Saturday around noon doing something that involved reservations. I texted back saying I'd let her know since I was feeling so sick.
Friday I slept pretty much all day. I really felt yucky, but didn't want to cancel. I said as long as we weren't running a marathon, or going sky diving I'd probably be ok.

Saturday morning I took a long steamy shower, and got all drugged up. Tracey and Katie (we've all been friends for years) picked me up.

 Up first was lunch at a yummy Mexican restaurant.



The next surprise was a place called Design by wine. Basically a painting class where they take you step by step until you've finished your masterpiece. 
It was lots if fun! Tracey & Katie enjoyed wine while I just had water. Maybe that how they relax most people, because I was a little hung up on trying to make mine look like our instructors, and couldn't and they were just going with the flow.



 It's crazy to see how differently each of our paintings look.  We obviously are vey different people.
 

 
Tracey even surprised me with a delicious birthday cake!  It was Chocolate truffle, and tasted out of this world.  Everyone in the class sang Happy birthday to me. Funny since I only knew two people there. Then we shared cake with everyone there as well.  It was fun! 
 
 
 
It was such a fun surprise.  We don't all get together very much these day since were all busy with work and kids, so it was extra special.
 
As we were almost back home I started feeling bad again.  I'm so glad I was able to last for the couple of hours we were together.  It was a really memorable day!


The rest of Saturday and all of Sunday were spent mostly in bed.  I'm slightly better, but not feeling 100% yet.  I did survive school today, and 5th graders at that, so I must be on the mend!