Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Vegas baby... Day 3

Sunday early afternoon we said goodbye to George & his kids because they needed to head back to San Diego.  After they left, we met up with our friends the Betzer's who came from California to see us.

We met up at our hotel, then drove out to the Hoover Dam together.

I knew this is something our kids would love.  It was even more fun to be there with friends.



 
On the Dam tour.  Dam was the word of the day!



 
Love this photo bomb picture!  They have some fun kiddos, we enjoyed them very much.








                                             Here Trevor is inside a mock turbine. He's showing us what he'd look like if the turbine was on.  Actually, if it was really on he'd be dead.  He was having a good time playing around.

        
  This made me laugh.  Death really is permanent.  Crazy stories about how some workers died while the dam was being built.  And I guess it's just a myth that people are buried in the cement.


 
It was starting to get dark, and they were closing up ship so we hit the road back to Vegas.
 
We met up at the Luxor (where they were staying for dinner) and ate at the buffet.  It was gross.  I felt terrible about even suggesting it. 
 
 
 
Christie told us about a Coke store where you could sample coke from around the world. so that's where we headed next.
 





 
They bought us a tray of drinks to try and a tray of floats to try.  That was super nice of them.
Most of the sodas were pretty good, but there were a couple that were straight up nasty!
I think all the floats were a hit especially the cherry coke one.
 


 
It was a really fun experience that I didn't even know about before.  We are avid coke drinkers (me & Pat) so this was perfect.  I do wish I had looked around the store some more, but the kids were getting tired/wild so I decided against it.
 
I saw the New York New hotel roller coaster and decided I wanted to ride it. 
So, for our finally event of the night we headed over to that hotel.
 

I took this picture another day.  It was dark when we rode the coaster.
 
Mike & Christie watched our kids while we rode the coaster. It was fantastic, lots of fun!
When we were done, they rode and we watched kids.
 
 
While they rode the kids realized someone had left a ton of game tokens on that claw machine in the above picture.  They all took turn, and all won a ball.
 
By the time they were done with the ride it was pretty late, and we were exhausted.  We decided to call it a night.   We really enjoyed spending the day with them.  So glad they made they drive.