Friday, January 30, 2015

Parenthood

 
I just cried my eyes out watching the final episode of Parenthood.
 
 
I'm not much of a t.v. watcher at all, but this show I have loved since the very first episode years ago.
They did a fantastic job with the final episode and brought it full circle. The Braverman's don't go to church.  The ball park is their church. 
 
 
 
I loved all of the different family stories they talked about each week.  All the struggles that real families face.  I will miss seeing the Braverman family.
 
 
I've been thinking a lot about parenthood (not the show) a bunch recently.  I always knew I wanted to be a mom.  I actually dreamed of having a really big family.  Now here I am years later with three kiddos of my own.  Parenthood is not exactly what I thought it would be.  It's a lot more work.  It's more exhausting.  It's so frustrating at times. I guess I never paid attention to the hard parts of parenthood until I had kids of my own.  Life will never be easy or perfect, and I'm ok with that.
There are also those moments of laughter, happiness, conversations, proud moments, cuddles that make up for the hard parts. Those things make it all worthwhile.  I'm glad that I get to be a parent.  I'm glad that these kids who drive me mad sometimes call me Mom.  What an amazing experience it is to be a parent! For better or worse we are here for each other.  I am still learning as I go, and will probably never have it all figured out. I am so glad that I have this opportunity in my life.  I'm also super glad to have Patrick with me as we ride the roller-coaster of parenthood.