Sunday, February 6, 2011

Wicked

Last night Patrick & I actually went on an offical date.  We NEVER do dates, so this was
a special treat.  We were clebrating our 12th anniversary (a month late).  We went to dinner
at The  Standard Diner and the food did not dissapoint.  The only real dissapiontment was
the fact that we were running late, so we skipped desert.

After that we headed over to Pope Joy Hall to see WICKED!!!

The show was absoultly AMAZING!!!  We loved every little bit of it.  The music, the story, the costumes, the set, the special effects EVERYTHING!!  It was such a great night.  We felt like grown-ups.  Patrick said we should do stuff like this more often, and I agree.  I think my favorite scene was when she sings Gravity.

The only bad thing, which was not really last night, but this morning.  I got really sick.  We went to bed around 12:30 and around 3;35 I woke up feeling yucky.  I ended up throwing up all night/morning long.  At about 9:00 I woke Patrick up, so he could take care of the kids for me, and I could finally get some sleep.
He took them to the park (Cody too) and I slept for a couple of hours.  When I was not sleeping I was laying in bed listening to the Wicked soundtract.  The songs were in my head, so might as well listen to them.


If you want to listen go here.  These are the songs I especially loved:
What is this feeling, Dancing through Life, Popular, and Defying Gravity

Now at 9:00pm I feel better, well kinda.  I'm not throwing up anymore, and I kept dinner down.   I've got a head cold though.  I've been fighting that all week.  No fun!  I'm glad Patrick & I were able to enjoy a night out.  I love him so much, and miss him often with our crazy schedules.