Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Teacher Gift & last day of school

This year was a little different.  Trevor's teacher left school about a month ago for medical reasons, and a surgery. On her last day Trevor gave her a gift basket with some stuff to make her time in the hospital more comfortable.  Savannah's teacher hold a special place in our hearts!  She has been a super, fantastic teacher to all three of our kids for their  Kindergarten school year.  Since our last little one is now done, we won't get to have her as a teacher again.  We wanted to something special to let her know how much we care about her.  I bought a picnic basket (on clerance) and filled it with two story books, chocolate covered strawberries, and a gift certificate to Jason's Deli.  In the books I put picture of the kids thru the years with Mrs. Berglund, we each wrote some things to her.  We thanked her for being the best teacher ever.  Savannah took it to class with her today.  When I came to the class a few minutes later, she said "Amy, you made me cry, and I'm not saying anything else!"   I am happy she liked it!  Later in the day, she said it really touched her heart, which makes me happy because she has touched our hearts for many years, and she will be missed.

  For Griffin's teacher (who we had tons of problems with) and Trevor's sub, we gave them each a box of chocolate covered strawberries.

We are so happy school is out.  I'm looking forward to spending lots of time as a family.