Tuesday, April 2, 2013

SICK

So I've been sick for over a week.  It started out as a cold, then my cough just seemed to  get worse each day.  For the last two nights I have not slept at all, seriously!!  I've done lots of tv watching, and wasting the nights on the internet.  I've tried EVERY cough meds know to man.  I've been trying to sleep upright in a chair.  I've been using a humidifier. I've rubed vicks on my feet before bed.  I just can't stop coughing, so I just can't sleep.  I am exhausted.  This afternoon I started feeling like I did this summer when I had bronchitis and ended up in the ER for breathing treatments. Patrick took me to urgent care.  I was worried this might happen again.  The Doctor said her heard some wheezing, but said it was not  bronchitis.  He said it sounds like I have Reactive Airways Dysfunction Syndrome.  So for some reason when I get a cold or inhale some sort  of pollutant I  end up having breathing problems.  He gave me a new inhaler ( I used one this summer).  He also put me on a steroid, and told me to take a good allergy med.  Here's to hoping I can finally start feeling better, and finally get some zzzzz's.