Monday, March 3, 2014

Seriously, the perfect weekend

FRIDAY
 
On Friday night after the kids were asleep I got all caught up on my favorite show.
 
 
I love the show.  I love that they cover so many different topics.  I want my family to be like this one once they are all grown.
 
 
SATURDAY
 
 
 
Saturday was Griffin's first soccer game of the season.  It was a relegation game.  That meant that if they won, they'd move up in the bracket, and take the schedule of the team we beat.  It was Cold, Rainy, Windy, and miserable!!  Trev & Sav sat in the car.  The team did great, and won!!  It was 3-0 we are happy to be 8th now out of 20 teams in our age group.

 
Saturday late afternoon we went to Costco sans kids.  We loaded up!
We brought dinner home from Perico's Mexican restaurant.
 
 
*One of the best things about this weekend was that we got so much done, but we totally relaxed too.
 
We bought the movie Frozen on Amazon, and watched it as a family.  Savannah was in hog heaven.  The boys seemed to enjoy it much more this time too. 
 
After the kids went to bed, Patrick & I watched The Breakfast Club.  It's been so long since I've seen it.  A classic for sure.
 
 
SUNDAY
 

I got the crockpots going (one lid broke).  And, I also started prepping some freezer meals.  The kids were busy with their electronics, so Patrick turned on a documentary about JK Rowlings.  After I was done in the kitchen I joined him on the couch.  We enjoyed it.  From the start of the day we had been washing ALL of the bedding in the house.  Trevor had given Cody a bath, Savannah had cleaned her fish tank, and I had cleaned the bird cage.

Later in the day, Patrick and I made one more run to the store.  We needed a few more things.
When we got home late afternoon, he put on the movie A River Runs Through It.  Another good one.  It had been awhile since I had seen it, so I got reeled in quickly.

After the movie was over, Patrick re-hung the boys curtains in their room.  They had pulled them out.

 
After that we had dinner.  After dinner it was time for game night & dessert.
I made a favorite easy chocolate chip cookie bars.  The game was Hedbanz.


 
Patrick's card was hilarious!  I had to tell Savannah ( in nice, simple terms) what it was.  He had such a hard time guessing.  Once it asked if you could buy souvenirs when you visit this place.  Finally after like six rounds, he guessed Ballet studio, and I said "more like Dirty Dan's" then he guessed correctly, finally. 
 
 
In all I prepped quite a few freezer meals.  Hopefully, this will help us stay on track with our food budget, and curb us eating out as much.
 

 
It really was a nice, relaxing, busy, great weekend!  Maybe it was extra nice because I skipped Church.  Sometimes it's nice to just not go.