Monday, July 28, 2014

11

It's Griffin's 11th birthday today.

I made buttermilk chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. I always use THIS recipe when I make pancakes, they are so yummy.  After breakfast he opened his cards and gifts.





We got him strawberry rhubarb jam from Honeyville in Durango, he was sad we didn't stop there on our way thru this summer.  He loves this jam!  He also got a rocket, and a inexpensive microscope set he really wanted.  He ended up with quite a bit of cash from Grandparents as well.

Later in the afternoon we went to the aquatic center for swimming (his choice).  He brought his friend Brandon (who is moving out of state in a few days) along.  Everyone enjoyed the pool.




After swimming we went home for dinner.  We had French dip sandwiches ( Griffin's favorite).  Then it was time for some cake.  I had seen a recipe for a confetti cake in a magazine, Cook's Country while visiting my mom.  I decided I really wanted to give it a try.  It was good, but I wasn't overly impressed. I don't think I'll make it again.  I'm also no cake decorator, but Griffin didn't seem to mind.




                                               It was a fun day celebrating our boy.

                                                           Happy Birthday     
                                                                Griffin
                                                                Maximus
                                                                Griff
                                                                Griffinator