Thursday, July 24, 2014

Latley...

I've been seeing blog posts, and Facebook post with everyone enjoying their summer.  I get a little sad, then remember we already did an awesome trip.  I guess our daily routine since we've been back has been little boring.

We are keeping it very low-key around here.

We signed the kids up for Khan Academy. We didn't want them to loose any math skills, so they have to do at least 30 minutes daily before any other electronics.  I didn't know it would be such a hit.  They each do much, much more than 30 minutes a day.  It's not like math games or anything, it's straight up math problems.  I love that they enjoy math (I never have).


We've done a lot of baking. 
That's something we all enjoy.


Griffin made Brookies.  Half brownie half chocolate chip cookie.  He decided to make us brookie sundaes.  He did great, they tasted so good!


 
Savannah helped me make waffle cones.  A surprise for Daddy.  As soon as I read the blog post from Our Best Bites, I knew we had to look for some Huckleberry pie ice cream, and make some waffle cones.  This is one ice cream Patrick loves getting in Idaho, and we didn't this time.
 
 


I think he enjoyed his surprise.

 
One night I made Zucchini bread.  I left it out for a surprise breakfast for the kiddos.
 
 
We've been doing some small & big projects around the house.  Patrick finally finished our staircase.  It looks beautiful!  We all helped him out whenever we could (even Cody).





We still need baseboards for the house, it might be awhile before we get those.  We have picked out new lighting for the front room and dining room.  Hopefully we'll get those soon.

The boys picked up their school schedules today.  Griffin is now officially ready for middle school!



Our days are spent relaxing at home mostly. Most afternoons Trevor is hanging out with friends from Church.  We make lots of trips to the Library.  Family game nights.  Evening walks (where the kids usually run thru the sprinklers). Patrick & I have been trying to make it to the gym everyday too. Pretty mellow.

Just two more weeks before I head back to work.