Monday, November 3, 2014

Love story- part 5

Part 1, 2, 3, 4

After Patrick left I realized I needed a shake up.  I was tired of working so much.  I found a new photography job, but before I even started I decided to do something completely different.

I had once looked into being a Nanny of the East Coast, so I decided to look into it again.
In no time at all I had found a company to work with, and finished all my paperwork.  I started doing phone interviews with different families. 

I was offered a job with a family that lived just outside of NYC.  They had two kids Matt & Allie.

Just over a month after Patrick left for Boot Camp, I got on a plane to start my new job in New York.

When I took the job I let them know I needed to take one Friday off in late October, so I would be able to fly out for Patrick's graduation from Boot Camp.

Now, we were in touch during this time, but not much.  I think we talked a total of four times.  I got just a handful of letters.  Although I had fallen head over heals in love with this guy, I still wasn't quite sure if he really felt the same way.  I wanted to be there for him at his graduation because I was proud of him, and because I thought he was a pretty big deal.

Finally  late October rolled around.  I was so excited to finally see him again. I arrived in Chicago  the night before his graduation.  The next morning, I took a cab to the Navy Base.  I found a seat, and watched the ceremony.  I couldn't see Patrick at all!  It wasn't until the ceremony finished, and all of th loved ones started reuniting that I finally saw him.  I was so excited!  I ran up to him, and without thinking gave him a big kiss!  He quickly pulled away and told me that was against the rules, he pulled me in for a long hug instead.

His Dad was there as well, and Patrick introduced us.

It was so good to see him again.

The three of us spent his liberty weekend together.  His Dad was great, he gave us plenty of space as well.  We did a bunch of different things in freezing Chicago together. It was a wonderful weekend.

Patrick later told me that me flying in for his graduation was the turning point in our relationship.  He knew then that we both felt the same way about each other.  We were in love, and it was serious!

To be continued....


                                   This is pretty much the only picture I took that weekend in Chicago.  I can't believe how young Patrick looks.  Wish I had a picture of the two of us together that weekend.