Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Christmas tree 2014

I've been wanting to go cut down our own tree for awhile.  It sounded like fun to me. I decided this would be the year to finally go on our grand adventure.  We drove up to Jemez Mountains, and bought our permit for 10 bucks.  We drove through some beautiful areas that we've never been before.  Pretty crazy since we've lived here for so long.


 
It took us awhile, and lots of hiking to find a tree we all liked. As we wandered around in the woods we couldn't help but sing the song from the new Mokingjay movie "The Hanging Tree." 
 Not a festive holiday song, but we couldn't help ourselves.
When we finally found our tree, the boys cut it down for us.













After we got it all set up Savannah said she hated it.  It wasn't big and fluffy like she was used to. 
 It is very different than trees sold at tree lots.  It just took her a little time, she has now changed her mind, and spends lots of time reading next to the tree.

I love it so much!  I think it's super cute.  I think it looks rustic and simple.  I'd love if we made this a yearly tradition!