Monday, November 24, 2014

Early Thanksgiving

Since Patrick had to work on Thanksgiving, we decided to do it early (on Tuesday). 

I took the day off of work.  Savannah's Drama club did their play Abraham Lincoln, so first thing in the morning Pat & I went over to the school to watch the show.  She did a great job with her lines!

After the play, Patrick & I went out to lunch, then it was time to prep for our dinner.

The night before Griffin helped me make a few desserts. Love that he enjoys baking so much!
 Savannah worked on a cute poster to decorate for Thanksgiving.


 
 
In what has become tradition, we went super simple.
 
We bought pre-made appetizers.
 
As soon as the kids got home from school we started snacking on those.
 

 
While dinner was cooking, we all played a game of Monopoly.

 
After dinner we decided to watch the movie Dan in Real Life. Love this movie, I think the kids enjoyed it too.
 
Shortly after it started, we all got our desserts.

 
It was a nice relaxing Thanksgiving. I do wish that we lived closer to family.  Maybe someday...