Monday, June 9, 2014

Camping Big Sur Mon. - Vacation Day 18

This morning we went to the beach early.  My Mom was looking for rocks.  We found a place with some Jade, and decided to come back later in the day with a little hammer to help us get the jade out.
 




 


 After the beach, Patrick & I decided to take a little hike while everyone else relaxed around the campsite.





After the hike we all went back to the beach.  I relaxed on the rocks while Patrick walked in the water, and the kids helped my mom find rocks.







They found a good assortment of rocks to take home.

As we were getting ready to leave the beach, I got out of my cozy seat and started to maneuver my way around the rocks.  At one point I put my foot down, and it felt like I had landed on a hook.  I motioned for Patrick to come help me.  I was too afraid of trying to take it out.  He came over and discovered I had stepped on a thick old rusty wire.  He helped get it out then yelled for Trevor to come help so I could lean on both of them while I hobbled off the beach.   I sat down with the kids, and went to get our car.  It was a bit of a hike back to our campsite.  When I was back at the campsite, Patrick got to work cleaning and bandaging my wound.  He said we'd have to watch to make sure I didn't get a fever. He's such a good medic1 It hurt like crazy.  * It was hard to walk on for over a week!
 

That night Grandpa Dan caved design into walking sticks that the kids had found.  They loved how they turned out! We had "Wilson", a duck, and a dog.



 
 
 
Our last night of camping we enjoyed hot cocoa and chocolate chip cookies that Grandpa Dan had made in his cool stove top oven.