Friday, June 27, 2014

San Diego & Friends - Vacation Day 36

We decided to go into San Diego today.  We started with the always beautiful Balboa park. 

Can't believe we lived right down the street years ago. We were lucky!  Wish we could move back.





It was overcast when we arrived, and while we were checking out the Koi fish it was a little drizzly.
Funny story.  I had some pretzels.  I decided to go over and feed some of the tiny Koi fish.  I broke them into tiny pieces, and threw them into the water.  It was going fine until I attracted some very large Koi.  At one point I dropped some pretzel pieces into the water and the big guy went for it.  When he did he swallowed one of the babies.  My whole family was giving me a hard time calling me a fish killer.  Oops.....





 

 
Patrick didn't feel great, so we kept it pretty low key.  We went out to lunch and then drove over to Old Town San Diego.  We decided to hit up the Mormon Battalion museum first. We all loved it.  It was remodeled about 4 yrs. ago and is nothing like it was before.  It was like a journey thru time, very interactive.
 





Griffin & Savannah's found a ton of fools gold.  They wanted to keep it all, I guess they thought it was really cool.  We let them pick two pieces.


 
After the museum we walked around Old Town for a bit.




 
After awhile it was time to meet up with some friends for dinner in Carlsbad.  It's been many years since we've seen James & Sandy.  James & Patrick were in the Navy together and stationed on the John C. Stennis years ago. 
 
 
Sadly I didn't take any pictures.  We did enjoy catching up with them, and stayed at the restaurant for a really long time.